Cleaning & Maintenance for Kitchen Worktops
Due to its very low porosity, the ultra-compact Dekton® surface is highly resistant to staining in day-to-day use and from chemical products, making it ideal for use as a kitchen worktop and as a surface for other kinds of work, both inside and out. For general cleaning, Cosentino recommends the use of Q-Action with a sponge or a sponge with soft fibres. If this product is not available, the best option is to use a neutral soap and water.
Cleaning Stubborn Stains
In the case of aggressive stains, either from products that are resistant to normal cleaning agents or because they have remained on the work surface without being removed, we recommend using more specific products such as: solvents (acetone or universal solvent type). The accompanying table shows the various types of stains with their corresponding cleaning products.
Acid cleaning products can include any of product that contains acid or descaling agent etc. Alkaline products include basic cleaning agents, ammonia etc.
Solvents can include products such as universal solvent, turpentine(white spirit), acetone, alcohol etc. Oxidants include products such as hydrogen peroxide and diluted bleach.
Prevention of Knocks
Although Dekton® is an extremely resistant surface, knocks should be avoided in areas which are more exposed (corners, edges, bevels etc.).
Performance in Contact with Hot Objects
Objects such as frying pans, saucepans, casseroles and coffee makers etc. can be placed directly on the work surface after use. Electrical apparatuses which give of heat can also be placed on the unprotected surface. Dekton® is designed to withstand utensil temperatures from domestic use.*
• Avoid direct contact with metal parts of electric broiler, cooking worktops or ovens that, in a bad installation get directly in contact with the material.
• Avoid direct radiations in very high temperature such as chimney, barbecues, etc.
• Avoid direct contact with flame.
• For Dekton Xgloss, avoid long contact with industrial objects in very high temperatures.
• Do not polish the surface.
• Avoid the use of metal sponges or abrasive particles.
• Avoid direct cutting on the surface with ceramic knife, as they are a material with similar hardness to the top.
• For Dekton Xgloss avoid the direct cutting on the surface.
*For Dekton® 8 mm it is necessary to use protection for hot objects.